Monday, April 2, 2012

You Know You're a Mom Monday

It's Monday, and around here we celebrate that by giving a good, firm nod to motherhood.  Today we continue our installments of You Know You're a Mom Monday

Today I took the Precious Moment to the park. Getting there was a job since he does not like shoes or clothes or stopping to have them put on. I told him we were going to the park but since he can't imagine what the park is since he's not yet fluent in English, that didn't quite work. The trip to the park inspired Mine is The One, the poem below. And I have a special challenge this week. Read Mine is The One and then write your own version. You'll see what I mean. I think you'll have a lot of fun with this. But first...

Installment #2: 
I know I'm a mom when...

I experience the emotions of beaming pride and red-faced embarrassment in the same five minutes.

Mine is The One

Mine is the one with the curly blond hair.
Mine is the one who wakes up happy.
Mine is the one who hates to miss a thing.

Mine is the one who, eyes open, is a blur.


Mine is the one always looking around.
Mine is the one mesmerized by people.


Mine is the one with the chipped front tooth.
Mine is the one with those beautiful, long eyelashes.
Mine is the one with something in his mouth.
Mine is the one who always wants to play.
Mine is the one shimmying down the stairs.
Mine is the one on top of your coffee table.

Mine is the one with his head on my shoulder.
Mine is the one drumming on the table.
Mine is the one with a perceptive spirit.
Mine is the one with deep blues looking right at your soul, smiling back.


Mine is the one with contagious laughter.
Mine is the one who always finds me at Hide-and-Seek.
Mine is the one with his head tilted back, drinking in the universe.

Mine is the one who falls down and gets back up without crying.
Mine is the one with the gigantic smile.
Mine is the one with mismatched socks.
Mine is the one who gives great hugs.
Mine is the one who moves with strong intent.

Mine is the one who stole my heart.
Mine is the one makes me sleep solid from exhaustion.

Mine is the one who is so so loved.
Mine is the one I want to understand how big this Love is.


AND NOW IT'S YOUR TURN:
My Mom Challenge: write your own version of "Mine is the One" and post it where all your friends and family can read it. Post on a facebook note or on your blog. Then leave a comment when it's up. We'll be sure to stop by. Can't wait to read it.


No comments: